European Parliament election, 2014 (Malta)
European Parliament election in Malta, 2014
The European Parliament election of 2014 in Malta elected Malta's delegation to the European Parliament from 2014 to 2019. This was the third such election held in Malta. The elections were held on Saturday, 24 May 2014.
The parties that contested the election were:
The Labour Party won the election with a little over 53% of the votes. The result was announced by the Maltese Prime Minister, Joseph Muscat.
The Nationalist Party won 40%, Democratic Alternative 2.9%, Imperium Europa 2.8% and others 0.96%.
Despite receiving just 40% of the electors vote, the Nationalist Party managed to win its third seat, previously held by the Labour Party. Therefore, the elected candidates are:
1. Alfred Sant (PL) (48739 votes)
2. Roberta Metsola (PN) (38442 votes)
3. Miriam Dalli (PL) (37533 votes)
4. David Casa (PN) (36371 votes)
5. Marlene Mizzi (PL) (35630 votes)
6. Therese Comodini Cachia (PN) (29580 votes).