See also:

Follow Uncensored Debian Community on RSS to learn about all new debian-private leaks

Re: Tor exit nodes

Florian Weimer dixit:

>On the other hand, one of the most attractive aspects of these devices
>for the majority of users is that the private key cannot leave the
>device

True, but that’s of no use if the key is predictable.

>and the easiest way to ensure that it is not available outside
>the device is to generate the key on it.

The easiest way is not always the best. Somehow I never bought
into this…

>Keus not leaving the device are important because it is the only way
>to reliably prevent user errors such as posting private keys alongside

… although this is, of course, a valid argument. (It might also protect
against some malware on the host system, although, obviously, not all.)

But then, security vs comfort is a never-ending fight… *sigh*

bye,
//mirabilos
--
> Wish I had pine to hand :-( I'll give lynx a try, thanks.

Michael Schmitz on nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.ports.68k
a.k.a. {news.gmane.org/nntp}#news.gmane.linux.debian.ports.68k in pine