White with the Houston Astros
|Houston Astros – No. 13|
Born: October 29, 1990|
Mooresboro, North Carolina
|April 5, 2016, for the Houston Astros|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2016 season)
|Runs batted in||28|
White played college baseball at Western Carolina University. He was drafted by the Houston Astros in the 33rd round of the 2013 Major League Baseball draft. He spent his first professional season with the Gulf Coast Astros, Greeneville Astros and Tri-City ValleyCats. In 2014, he played for the Quad Cities River Bandits and Lancaster JetHawks. White started 2015 with the Corpus Christi Hooks and was later promoted to the Fresno Grizzlies of the Class AAA Pacific Coast League.
The Astros invited White to spring training in 2016, and included him on their Opening Day roster. In his first six Major League games, he hit .556 (10 for 18) with 2 doubles, 3 home runs, 9 RBIs, a .597 on-base percentage and a 1.167 slugging percentage, and was awarded American League Player of the Week. He was sent down to the Astros Triple A Afiliate The Fresno Grizzlies on June 17, 2016.
- "Julian Ridings, Tyler White Selected in 2013 MLB Draft". catamountsports.com. Retrieved September 24, 2015.
- BILL MCDANIELThe Daily Courier (March 20, 2015). "Life on the Farm with White". The Digital Courier. Retrieved September 24, 2015.
- "Fresno Grizzlies". fresnobee. Retrieved September 24, 2015.
- http://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Astros-Tyler-White-earns-AL-Player-of-the-Week-7241607.php. Missing or empty
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Western Carolina Catamounts bio
- Tyler White on Twitter