Ripper (hot dog)
|Place of origin||United States|
|Region or state||New Jersey|
|Main ingredients||Hot dog bun, hot dog|
|Cookbook: Ripper Media: Ripper|
"Rippers" were featured in the Travel Channel special "Hot Dog Heaven" and served as a major plot point in a first season episode of the internet serial "Ripster's" which centers on the Pennsylvania tavern of the same name that serves a similar type of hot dog.
- Rutt's Hut
- Hot Grill
- Callahan's Hot Dogs (est. 1950 Fort Lee and 2014 Norwood)
- Schumer, Fran (May 24, 1998). " Hot Diggity! Dog Diggity! — Restaurants; Two Rippers, P.C., with Relish Mother Made", New York Times. Retrieved October 3, 2007.
- Olmsted, Larry (February 27, 2013). "Deep-Fried Hot Dogs at N.J.'s Rutt's Hut", USA Today. Retrieved April 18, 2016.
- Bergstein, Dan (December 12, 2015). "NJ Vocabulary: What Is a Ripper?", Best of NJ. Retrieved April 16, 2016.
- Gold, Jonathan (August 6, 2008). "Fab the Ripper: Every Hot Dog Has Its Day", LA Weekly. Retrieved April 18, 2016.