Michael Williams (tight end)
|No. - Free agent|
|Date of birth:||September 8, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Reform, Alabama|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||284 lb (129 kg)|
|High school:||Pickens County (AL)|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 7 / Pick: 211|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Michael Williams (born September 8, 1990) is an American football tight end of the National Football League (NFL) who is currently a free agent. He was drafted in the seventh round (211th overall) by the Detroit Lions in the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at Alabama.
Williams attended Pickens County High School in Alabama. He earned All-County, All-Area and honorable mention All-State honors while playing basketball in high school. While at high school, He also earned the 2007 Alabama Sports Writers Association All-State honors as a Tight end on the first team and also was selected as the ASWA Class 2A lineman of the year. He was a member of The Mobile Press-Register Elite 18 while at High School. He earned first team All-State honors in his Junior season and also was an Honorable mention as a Tight end while at high school.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
| Michael Williams
|Reform, Alabama||Pickens County high school||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)||240 lb (110 kg)||4.7||Feb 16, 2007|
|Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 17 (DE) Rivals: 4 (DE), 148 (National), 10 (Alabama)|
He played College football at Alabama. He finished college with a total of 51 receptions, 503 receiving yards along with seven touchdowns. On January 7, 2013, He had 3 receptions, 17 receiving yards and one receiving touchdown against Notre Dame in the 2013 BCS National Championship Game. On January 2013, He was added to the Senior Bowl roster.
In the 2013 NFL Draft, Williams was selected in the 7th round (211th overall) by the Detroit Lions. On August 22, 2013, Williams broke his hand during a preseason game against the New England Patriots. On August 31, 2013, Williams was placed on injured reserve.
After the draft of tight end Eric Ebron it was announced that Williams would be moved to offensive tackle and would wear the number 73.
New England Patriots
On August 25, 2015, the Lions traded Williams to the New England Patriots in exchange for a 2017 seventh-round draft pick. Williams was assigned No. 85, indicating a return to tight end.
On June 8, 2016, Williams suffered a torn ACL during practice. On June 10, 2016, he was waived. Williams was placed on the Patriots' injured reserve list June 13 after clearing waivers. On July 19th, 2016, he received surgery for his injury.
- "Alabama Crimson Tide Profile". rolltide.com.
- "2007 2A Team". ahsfhs.org.
- "IN THE SPOTLIGHT: Michael Williams, Jerrell Harris". publicus.com. Retrieved October 16, 2010.
- "Michael Williams Alabama Statistics". sports-reference.com/.
- "Alabama vs Notre Dame Box Score". foxsports.com.
- "Alabama tight end Michael Williams joins Senior Bowl roster". al.com. Retrieved January 2, 2013.
- Yuille, Sean (2013-04-27). "2013 NFL Draft results: Lions pick Michael Williams". Pride Of Detroit. Retrieved 2016-06-10.
- Yuille, Sean (2013-08-23). "Michael Williams injury: Lions tight end breaks hand". Pride Of Detroit. Retrieved 2016-06-10.
- Reisman, Jeremy (2013-08-31). "Lions place Michael Williams on injured reserve". Pride Of Detroit. Retrieved 2016-06-10.
- Yuille, Sean (2014-05-21). "Lions move Michael Williams to offensive tackle". Pride Of Detroit. Retrieved 2016-06-10.
- Sessler, Marc (August 25, 2015). "Patriots acquire OT/TE Michael Williams from Lions". NFL.com. Retrieved 2015-08-25.
- Birkett, Dave (2016-01-16). "Williams makes most of fresh start after Lions trade". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved 2016-06-10.
- Reiss, Mike (2016-06-09). "Pats TE Williams likely to go on IR with ACL tear". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-06-10.
- "Patriots Release TE Michael Williams". New England Patriots. 2016-06-10. Retrieved 2016-06-10.
- Thomas, Oliver (2016-06-13). "Michael Williams reverts to Patriots' injured reserve". 24-7 Sports. Retrieved 2016-06-13.