List of Jacksonville Jaguars first-round draft picks
The Jacksonville Jaguars joined the National Football League (NFL) in 1995 as an expansion team, along with the Carolina Panthers. Their first selection in the NFL draft as a team was Tony Boselli, an offensive tackle from the University of Southern California (USC). The team's most recent first round selection was Dante Fowler, Jr., a defensive end from the University of Florida.
Every year during April, each NFL franchise seeks to add new players to its roster through a collegiate draft known as "the NFL Annual Player Selection Meeting", which is more commonly known as the NFL Draft. Teams are ranked in inverse order based on the previous season's record, with the worst record picking first, and the second worst picking second and so on. The two exceptions to this order are made for teams that appeared in the previous Super Bowl; the Super Bowl champion always picks 32nd, and the Super Bowl loser always picks 31st. Teams have the option of trading away their picks to other teams for different picks, players, cash, or a combination thereof. Thus, it is not uncommon for a team's actual draft pick to differ from their assigned draft pick, or for a team to have extra or no draft picks in any round due to these trades.
The Jaguars have never selected the number one overall pick in the draft, but they have selected the second overall pick three times. The team has selected four players in the first round from the University of Florida, two each from the University of Southern California and the University of Tennessee.
|†||Indicates the player was selected for the Pro Bowl at any time in their career.|
|Year||Each year links to an article about that particular NFL Draft.|
|Pick||Indicates the number of the pick within the first round|
|Position||Indicates the position of the player in the NFL|
|College||The player's college football team|
- Pulliam, Kent (1995-04-23). "No. 1: 322 pounds of potential, Chiefs trade down, then nab Michigan offensive lineman". The Kansas City Star. The McClatchy Company. p. C1. The Jaguars traded their 31st overall pick and a third and fourth round selection to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for the Chiefs' 19th overall pick.
- The Jaguars traded quarterback Rob Johnson to the Buffalo Bills in exchange for the Bills' ninth overall pick.
- Andrew Mason (2006-04-28). "Broncos Keep the Focus Up Front With Three Linemen on Day 1". Denver Broncos. Retrieved 2007-10-15. Jacksonville traded their 17th overall pick to the Denver Broncos in exchange for the Broncos' 21st overall, third-round, and sixth-round picks.
- The Jaguars received the eighth overall pick from the Baltimore Ravens.
- Wesseling, Chris (2013-04-25). "Luke Joeckel to Jacksonville Jaguars in 2013 NFL Draft". National Football League. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- Alder, James. "NFL Draft Basics:Determining Order of Selection". About.com. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- "databaseFootball.com–Jacksonville Jaguars". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- "NFL Draft History: First Round by Team: Jacksonville Jaguars". National Football League official Web site. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "Hall of Famers by Franchise". Pro Football Hall of Fame official Web site. Archived from the original on 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- "Jacksonville Jaguars (1995-Present)". Sports E-cyclopedia. Retrieved 2007-10-15.