Las Toscas, Canelones
|Resort of the Costa de Oro|
Location in Uruguay
|Coordinates: 34°46′0″S 55°44′0″W / 34.76667°S 55.73333°WCoordinates: 34°46′0″S 55°44′0″W / 34.76667°S 55.73333°W|
|Time zone||UTC -3|
|Dial plan||+598 437 (+5 digits)|
Today, Las Toscas is merged with Atlántida to the west and Parque del Plata to the east, but in the creation of these locations, during the first decades of the 20th century, it gave the name to the whole zone. Atlántida's train station wal also named Las Toscas, and was, with Ruta 11, the only way to get into de area before the construction of the Ruta Interbalnearia.
It was at Las Toscas where the laborious task, developed by various private societies, of foresting the coast of the Río de la Plata began. The success of this task is because of Mario Ferreira, whose name is taken by the main street of the resort.
The first lands were sold between 1911 and 1914, and the first building was made in 1946.
- INE map of Villa Argentina, Atlántida, Estación Atlántida, Las Toscas, City Golf, and Fortin de Santa Rosa