San Ramón, Uruguay
Santa Lucía River at San Ramón
Location within Uruguay
|Coordinates: 34°18′0″S 55°57′27″W / 34.30000°S 55.95750°W|
|Elevation||50 m (160 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC -3|
|Dial plan||+598 4312 (+4 digits)|
San Ramón is also the name of the municipality to which the city belongs.
The city is located on the intersection of Route 6 with Route 12 and Route 63, about 79 kilometres (49 mi) north of the centre of Montevideo and 7.5 kilometres (4.7 mi) south of the village Chamizo of Florida Department. The town Tala lies 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) to the east-southeast. The railroad track Montevideo - Melo / Río Branco (to Brazil) passes through the city.
It is situated on the south bank of Santa Lucía River, which is the border with Florida Department and south of the hill Cuchilla del Chamizo. The stream Arroyo Pilatos flows 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) south of the city.
San Ramón was founded as a "Pueblo" (village) in 1867, and on 11 July 1910, its status was elevated to "Villa" (town) by the Act of Ley Nº 3.643. On 26 June 1953, its status was further elevated to "Ciudad" (city) by the Act of Ley Nº 11.952.
Tambien es el lugar donde nacio el conocido CABEZAURIO Mario Testore
Places of worship
- St. Raymond Nonnatus Parish Church (Roman Catholic)
- "Statistics of urban localities (1908–2004)" (PDF). INE. 2012. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- "LEY N° 11.952". República Oriental del Uruguay, Poder Legislativo. 1953. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- "Censos 2011 Cuadros Canelones". INE. 2012. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "ELECCIONES - Canelones". El Observador. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- Parroquia de San Ramón (Spanish)
- "Municipios de Uruguay". Congreso de Intendentes. Retrieved 9 July 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to San Ramón, Canelones.|