For other uses, see Embellishment (disambiguation).
Common examples of embellishment in sewing and crafts
- appliqué can be made by sewing machine of decorative techniques and or
- embroidery, done either by machine or by hand
- piping made from either self-fabric, contrast fabric, or a simply a cord.
- trim (sewing)
- lace, either pre-made or home-made
- Fringe (trim)
Items that normally serve a function may also be used as embellishment. For example:
- buttons can be placed anywhere on the piece
- zippers can be unzipped and be used as piping, or simply stitched on
- buckles can be placed anywhere on the piece
- grommets can be placed anywhere even when there is no cord is looped through them
- sequins can be placed anywhere