Burda Style - Issue of August 2009
|Managing Editor||Ulrike Zeitlinger|
Sewing pattern collection
|Publisher||Aenne Burda †|
Verlag Aenne Burda GmbH + Co. KG|
Hubert Burda Media
Burda Style (formerly: Burda Moden, Burda World of Fashion) is a fashion magazine published in 16 different languages and in over 89 countries by Hubert Burda Media. Each issue of Burda Fashion contains patterns for each design in the issue.
History and profile
In 1949, Aenne Burda expanded her family business into women's magazines publishing when she founded a fashion magazine printing and publishing company in her home town Offenburg, Germany. The same year she started publishing a magazine named Favorit, which was later renamed to Burda Moden. The first issue of Burda Moden magazine was published in 1950 with a circulation of 100,000 (in January). It gained a great popularity in the market, especially since 1952, when they began to include sheets of paper with patterns for clothes.
Burda Style launched in the United States in 2013 in partnership with F+W Media.
- Jukka Pietiläinen (2008). "Media Use in Putin's Russia". Journal of Communist Studies and Transition Politics. 24 (3). doi:10.1080/13523270802267906. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- All about Burda Burda Fashion.
- Hubert Burda Media and F+W Media to Create Burda Style USA
- F+W Expands Licensing Deal with Hubert Burda Media Into JV Folio Mag. 2014
- Nora Abousteit (Co-Founder and CEO of BurdaStyle) in Interview with 99FACES.tv - Crowdsourcing Fashion by Copyright-Free Sewing Patterns