|Traded as||TYO: 6440|
|Founded||Tokyo (December 15, 1938 )|
|Headquarters||Tsurumaki, Tama-shi, Tokyo 206-8551, Japan|
|Revenue||US$ 904 million) (FY 2014)|
JPY 6.05 billion (FY 2014)(US$ 50.9 million) (FY 2014)
Number of employees
|6,153 (consolidated, as of December 31, 2014)|
Footnotes / references|
JUKI Corporation (JUKI株式会社 JUKI Kabushiki-gaisha) is a Japanese manufacturer of industrial sewing machines and recently domestic machines headquartered in Tama-shi, Tokyo. It is one of the leading industrial machine manufacturers. JUKI ranks as the no.1 sewing machine manufacturer in the world. Headquartered in Japan, the company currently has manufacturing facilities in Japan, China, Vietnam and markets its products in more than 150 countries on six continents. Up until 1988, the company was known as Tokyo Juki Industrial Company, Ltd.. The company motto, which doubles as a customer creed is "Mind & Technology" (as in 'emotionally accessible technology').
It also produces sewing machines for the home or hobbyist market, and surface mount component placement machines for electronics manufacturing. Juki have sold industrial sewing machines to customers in about 170 countries.
Notes and references
- "Corporate Outline". JUKI Corporation. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- "Company Snapshot - Financials". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- Demetri Sevastopulo (December 15, 2014). "Juki, the supreme sewing machine for the global rag trade". Financial Times. Pearson PLC. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- "Juki, Sony In Talks To Merge Parts-Mounting-Device Ops". The Nikkei. February 7, 2013. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- Buetow, Mike. "Juki, Sony to Talk SMT Merger". Circuits Assembly.
- Juki Company website (English)