Chart Show TV
|Chart Show TV|
|Launched||16 September 2002|
|Owned by||Sony Pictures Television|
|Picture format||16:9, 576i (SDTV)|
|Audience share||0.02% (September 2015 , BARB)|
Chart Show Hits|
Sony Movie Channel
|Website||Chart Show TV|
|Freeview (Manchester only)||Channel 75|
|Eutelsat 28A||11307 V 27500 2/3|
Chart Show TV is a British music television channel owned and operated by Sony Pictures Television, who acquired the CSC Media Group, a company associated with the makers of The Chart Show, a television programme that had previously been on Channel 4 and ITV, before relaunching it themselves in 2008. It launched on 16 September 2002 and initially consisted of several different charts, mimicking the format of the television show upon which it was based; however, many of these were dropped and the channel started showing mainly just videos. Chart format shows have been brought back based on different genres such as the rock chart, urban chart and download chart.
The channel plays a mixture of the chart format shows along with the latest music from artists and bands, plus chart-topping videos from most song genres. It also shows programmes dedicated to particular artists and allows viewers to vote for their most wanted videos each week. Special programmes featuring interviews with artists and bands about upcoming singles and albums, plus music-related chat, are being shown on Chart Show TV.
The operators of the channel, CSC Media Group, subsequently launched a number of new channels, mostly music based, both independently and in partnership with British Sky Broadcasting.
Chart Show TV is available 24 hours a day on Sky Digital channel 365 and is part of a bouquet of music channels owned by CSC Media Group, including classic hits channel The Vault, rock music channel Scuzz, texting music channel Starz TV, chart hits music channel Chart Show Hits, urban music channel Flava and chill-out music channel Bliss. Chart Show TV is also available on Freesat channel 500.
The channel broadcast in 4:3 from its launch but switched to 16:9 on 4 February 2008. All of CSC Media Group's other music channels have also switched to 16:9 broadcasting. A new website for Chart Show TV is also under development since its sister channels have had new websites launched.
On 1 May 2014, Chart Show TV got a new look with a .tv screen (with 'chart show' being only seen at the beginning of a music video, not to be confused with the defunct channel .tv, which closed in 2001). However, Chart Show Dance continued to have the old look until 13 June 2014.
On 8 May 2014, Chart Show TV launched on Freeview, on channel 67. It became a placeholder on 3 September 2014 along with the Freeview retune, and was removed from Freeview on all regions, including London, except in Manchester on 8 September.
- A-List Playlist - The ultimate mixture of hits from your favourite chart toppers.
- Airplay Chart - A weekly countdown of the 10 most played tracks.
- Breakfast Hits - A selection of the latest music videos.
- Chart Show Chat - Music and interviews with artists and groups.
- Chart Show Singles Chart - A weekly countdown of the top 20 singles.
- The Daily Fix - A brand new music show featuring fresh new videos, interviews, music news and gig guides fronted by Stefanie Faleo.
- Doubled Up - One past and one present video from a selection of artists and groups.
- Download Chart - A countdown of the top 10 most downloaded tracks.
- First Play Friday - The latest songs added to the playlist every Friday.
- Freshly Squeezed Tunes - Fresh new music squeezed to perfection.
- Most Wanted - A chance for viewers to select their favourite music videos.
- New Music - The latest music videos added to the Chart Show TV playlist.
- R&B Download Chart - Top 10 R&B singles of the week.
- Top 10 - The top 10 videos from a certain artist or group.
- Top 10 Hip-Hop Download Chart - Top 10 Hip-Hop singles of the week.
- Top 20 Hip-Hop Download Chart - Top 20 Hip-Hop singles of the week.
- Urban Download Chart - A countdown of the week's top 10 downloaded RnB tracks.
- Viewers Interactive Chart - A chance for viewers to vote for music videos.
The Chart Show TV logo is on screen in the top left-hand corner during music videos. The song information appears in a moving equalizer type graphic at the start and near the end of each music video. The same graphics are also used for the new Singles, Urban, Dance and Download Charts. The channel's identity is also seen before and after advert breaks when the Chart Show TV logo spins in the centre of the screen. On 14 May 2013, the onscreen identity in the top left hand side of the screen had the headphones removed.
- Chart Show TV's logo (16 September 2002-29 February 2010).
- Chart Show TV's logo (1 May 2012-30 June 2014).