Made in Liverpool
|Made in Liverpool|
|Launched||4 December 2014|
|Owned by||Made Television|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
Local TV Macro Network:|
0.01% (September 2015 , BARB)
|Headquarters||Toxteth TV, Toxteth, Liverpool|
Made in Birmingham|
Made in Bristol
Made in Cardiff
Made in Leeds
Made in Tyne & Wear
|Virgin Media||Channel 159|
Made in Liverpool is a local television station serving Liverpool, Merseyside and surrounding areas. The station is owned and operated by Made Television Ltd and forms part of a group of six city-based TV stations. It broadcasts from studios and offices in the Toxteth suburb of Liverpool.
On 21 February 2013, Bay TV was awarded a local TV licence by Ofcom to broadcast a linear television channel in the Liverpool area including Halton, Wigan and parts of Cheshire. Under the initial proposals, the channel aimed to air ten hours of local programming each day, including two and a half hours of news on weekdays, and a weekly political programme. The channel began broadcasting on Freeview channel 8 on Thursday 4 December at 5.30pm, later moving to channel 7 following the closure of BBC Three.
On 23 August 2016 it was announced that Bay TV Liverpool had entered administration. The station owed a total of £451,575, with a debt to Revenue and Customs outstanding at £145,187, individual shareholder loans debts to the value of £133,800, and other “trade and expense creditors” to the sum of £152,488. A week later, Made Television announced it had bought out the station for an undisclosed sum - the group was one of four bidders who lost the original licence award to Bay TV.
Made in Liverpool's flagship programme is the twice-nightly news magazine, Liverpool Today, airing at 6pm and 9pm on weekdays with an hour-long review programme, Liverpool This Week on Saturdays and Sundays. The main feature programme is the magazine show, The Lowdown, which airs at 6.30pm and 9.30pm on weeknights.
Other local non-news programmes produced by the channel include sports programmes Across the Park and The Everton Show and new music shows The Liverpool Sound and The 2ube. Programmes produced by the other Made TV stations in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds and Tyne & Wear also air on the channel along with acquired programming from other broadcasters and producers - such as Walks Around Britain - and other local TV stations around the UK.
- "The Prolific North Awards 2013 The Winners".
- "Ofcom awards Liverpool local TV licence". Ofcom. 2013-02-21. Retrieved 2013-02-21.
- "Bay TV Liverpool awarded local digital television licence". Bay TV Liverpool. 21 February 2013. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- "Liverpool's Bay TV enters administration".
- "Liverpool 's Bay TV seeks deal with creditor over debts of £450,000".
- "Liverpool's Bay TV set to be bought days after going into administration".
- Liverpool local TV service prepares for re-launch, a516digital.com, 3 October 2016
- Made in Cardiff springs forward with new line up, Made Television, 24 February 2016
- Cardiff's Local News, Made in Cardiff