Cancer Genome Project
The Cancer Genome Project, based at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, aims to identify sequence variants/mutations critical in the development of human cancers. Like The Cancer Genome Atlas project within the United States, the Cancer Genome Project represents an effort in the War on Cancer to improve cancer diagnosis, treatment, and prevention through a better understanding of the molecular basis of this disease.
- Cancer genome sequencing
- The Cancer Genome Atlas and The Cancer Genome Anatomy Project at the National Cancer Institute.
- International Cancer Genome Consortium
- COSMIC cancer database
- Cancer Genome Project official website
- Francis S. Collins and Anna D. Barker. "Mapping the Cancer Genome". Scientific American, February 2007
- http://www.sanger.ac.uk/research/faculty/pcampbell/ Peter Campbell