Wellcome Genome Campus
Field of research
|Location||Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, UK|
The campus is owned by the Wellcome Trust, and its largest component is the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute (WTSI), which employs around 900 people. It also is the site of the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI), the bioinformatics outstation of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), which currently employs around 540 people.
In addition to the research institutions, there are facilities on the campus dedicated to training and conferences; these include the former Hinxton Hall buildings.
- "Sanger Institute history". Sanger Institute. UK: Archive.org. Archived from the original on April 7, 2015. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- "Wellcome Genome Campus". UK: Wellcome Trust. Archived from the original on 2012-05-18.
- Chiang, G. T.; Clapham, P.; Qi, G.; Sale, K.; Coates, G. (2011). "Implementing a genomic data management system using iRODS in the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute". BMC Bioinformatics. 12: 361. doi:10.1186/1471-2105-12-361. PMC 3228552. PMID 21906284.
- Holroyd, N.; Sanchez-Flores, A. (2012). "Producing parasitic helminth reference and draft genomes at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute". Parasite Immunology. 34 (2–3): 100–107. doi:10.1111/j.1365-3024.2011.01311.x. PMID 21707658.
- "Wellcome Trust - Facilities Management". Archived from the original on 2012-05-18.
- Weaver, T.; Maurer, J.; Hayashizaki, Y. (2004). "Opinion: Sharing genomes: An integrated approach to funding, managing and distributing genomic clone resources". Nature Reviews Genetics. 5 (11): 861–866. doi:10.1038/nrg1474. PMID 15520795.
- "The Finished Human Genome - Wellcome To The Genomic Age - Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute". Archived from the original on 2012-05-18.
- Smith), js5 (James. "Wellcome Genome Campus Conference Centre - Home page". conferencecentre.wellcomegenomecampus.org. Retrieved 2016-07-29.
- "Courses, Conferences and Public Engagement Director's Office | Sanger Institute". www.sanger.ac.uk. Retrieved 2016-07-29.
- Media related to Genome campus at Wikimedia Commons