Argus Sour Crude Index
The Argus Sour Crude Index (ASCI) is a pricing tool used by buyers, sellers and traders of imported crude oil for use in long-term contracts.
The three crude oil grade components are Mars, Poseidon, and Southern Green Canyon.
Thus the daily ASCI price published by Argus Media Ltd represents the value of US Gulf coast medium sour crude oil.
- Argus Sour Crude Index - Methodology and specifications guide
- Bloomberg - Saudi Aramco to Use Sour Oil Index as U.S. Benchmark, Drop WTI
- Reuters - Kuwait to price U.S. oil cargoes on ASCI
- Bloomberg - Iraq Will Use Argus Crude Price Formula From April
- Reuters - Iraq to switch to ASCI from U.S. crude futures
- Reuters - ICE to launch Argus sour crude futures contracts