1884–85 in English football
The 1884–1885 season was the 14th season of competitive football in England.
|28 February 1885||Whalley Range, Manchester (H)||Ireland||4–0||BHC||Charles Bambridge (Swifts), James Brown (Blackburn Rovers) & Benjamin Spilsbury (Cambridge University) |
William Eames (Own goal)
|14 March 1885||Leamington Road, Blackburn (H)||Wales||1–1||BHC||Clement Mitchell (Upton Park) (35 mins)|
|21 March 1885||Kennington Oval, London (H)||Scotland||1–1||BHC||Charles Bambridge (Swifts) (57 mins)|
* England score given first
- H = Home match
- BHC = British Home Championship
Note – Some sources credit England's third goal as a Joe Lofthouse goal, but match reports clearly state an Eames own goal.
|FA Cup||Blackburn Rovers (2)|
Notes = Number in parentheses is the times that club has won that honour. * indicates new record for competition
- Report on England v Ireland match on thefa.com
- Report on England v Wales match on thefa.com
- Report on England v Scotland match on thefa.com
- Report on England v Scotland match