See also:

FSFE leaked resignation of Armijn Hemel

Re: Dmitry Bogatov arrested in Moscow

On 04/13/2017 01:54 AM, Clint Byrum wrote:
> We are all individuals. We can speak out with our voices without using
> Debian's voice. If you know Dmitry and you believe he is being treated
> unfairly, tell a reporter everything you know. If you don't know Dmitry,
> but you want to help, speak out against oppression and point to Dmitry's
> situation as a case.
>
> The only debate is whether or not Debian as an org should do something.
> We are all free people and we can and should speak out against injustice.

This is not the only debate. I also debate here that we (imho) should
organize as community (and not even as part of official Debian project
to what public sees us maybe - the universal OS etc) and sum up our
effort to gain knowledge what is going on and how we can help. And all
this we can't do nothing yada yada is not really true - we always can do
something and a lot, we just need to give our energy and time in it to
find way. There is no such things as impossible, it just depends on our
willingness to help our fellow member (if what we find out makes him not
guilty which appears so, of course if it really ends up him doing some
really bad stuff, well then we can't nor I think we should help).

For me, currently he is innocent unless proven guilty (I prefer this
approach to the one he is guilty until proven innocent).

And do people really think that this will not happen to other members of
Debian? IMHO we should start building approach as I don't want to be
caught in grim times, and even if I do get caught and find my way out I
still care for every single member of our community (though I don't
agree with many on many topics but I will stand for rights of all).

> Is there somewhere online where Dmitry's case is discussed in the open?
> Perhaps we can, as individuals, lend our voices there, rather than in
> this private list.

I do support this, but I really would like to get more evidence on what
is going on and how can something help or make it worse for him (maybe
debating in public will make things harder for him).