See also:

Pranav Jain brought his brother into Google Summer of Code and Debian promoted him

Re: Dmitry Bogatov arrested in Moscow

Hello Jonas,

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 18:53:59 +0200
Jonas Meurer <[email protected]> wrote:

> Am 12.04.2017 um 18:18 schrieb Steve Langasek:
> > On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 05:09:34PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> >
> >> We definitely have exposure, if we choose to do or say anything
> >> publicly.  We have, perhaps, some influence somewhere.  We have
> >> money, (although of course we might have to ask a laywer of our
> >> own if we are allowed by charity rules to use it for legal defence
> >> of a project contributor under these kind of circumstances).
> >
> > Regardless of whether it's legal on the charity side, any kind of
> > spending of foreign money in Russia is a good way to *harm* the
> > people you're trying to help due to the current regime's attitude
> > toward foreign influence.
>
> Fortunately, there's legal support teams in most countries that can
> act as proxy.

Nope. Russian non-profit organization can't accept money from people
who are not Russian citizen, because if they do, they have many legal
difficulties in the finance and bureaucracy (Foreign Agent status means
very often and very large financial report to control agencies and many
other hurts). So most of them decided to stay away from foreign money
(grants, awards, private donations).

--
Best regards,
 Alexander Gerasiov

 Contacts:
 e-mail: [email protected]  Homepage: http://gerasiov.net  Skype: gerasiov
 PGP fingerprint: 04B5 9D90 DF7C C2AB CD49  BAEA CA87 E9E8 2AAC 33F1