The Paramour Sessions
The Paramour Sessions is the fifth album by Californian rock band Papa Roach. It was released on September 12, 2006.
The album's name is a reference to Paramour Mansion, the location of the album's recording sessions. Like their prior album, Getting Away with Murder, the album continues the band's movement away from nu metal into more of a hard rock sound. Two singles were released from the album: "...To Be Loved" and "Forever". It is the last album to feature longtime original drummer Dave Buckner.
The album was dedicated in the memory of Jacoby Shaddix's step-grandfather, Howard William Roatch, of which the band's namsake comes from, who committed suicide in 2006, following his diagnosis with an unspecified form of advanced stage cancer. The song "Roses on My Grave" was also written in his memory as well.
A alternate release of the album was released on June 12, 2007, which included an alternate cover, a fold-out poster, a cell phone wallpaper, and a free ringtone of the song "Forever". No new songs or alterations to the track list were implemented.
The album debuted at #16 on the Billboard 200 Chart with 37,000 copies sold in its first week of release. The album has sold over 1.6 million copies worldwide by selling small amounts of copies in many countries like the U.S., Canada, and the UK. Because of this, the album has failed to be certified in any country. As of 2012 the album has sold over 2,000,000 copies worldwide, which 400,000 for the U.S.
|1.||"...To Be Loved" ||Jacoby Shaddix, Tobin Esperance||3:03|
|2.||"Alive (N' Out of Control)" ||Shaddix, Esperance||3:22|
|3.||"Crash" ||Shaddix, Esperance||3:21|
|4.||"The World Around You" ||Shaddix, Esperance, Dave Buckner, Jerry Horton||4:35|
|5.||"Forever" ||Shaddix, Esperance, Buckner, Horton||4:06|
|6.||"I Devise My Own Demise" ||Shaddix, Esperance||3:36|
|7.||"Time Is Running Out" ||Shaddix, Esperance||3:23|
|8.||"What Do You Do?" ||Shaddix, Esperance, Buckner||4:22|
|9.||"My Heart Is a Fist" (featuring Travis Barker)||Shaddix, Esperance, Horton||4:58|
|10.||"No More Secrets" ||Shaddix, Esperance, Horton||3:15|
|11.||"Reckless" ||Shaddix, Esperance, Buckner||3:34|
|12.||"The Fire" ||Shaddix, Esperance, Horton||3:32|
|13.||"Roses on My Grave" ||Shaddix, Horton||3:13|
|14.||"Heridas" (Scars Spanish version)||Shaddix, Esperance||3:28|
|16.||"The Addict" (Japanese bonus track)||Shaddix, Esperance, Buckner, Horton||3:26|
- Produced by: Howard Benson
- Co-produced by: Papa Roach
- Mixed by: Chris Lord-Alge
- Recorded by: Mike Plotnikoff
- Additional recording by: Michael Rosen
- Protools editing by: Paul Decarli
- Assistant engineer: Hatsukazu Inagaki
- String arrangements on "Roses On My Grave" by: Debbie Lurie
- Recorded at The Paramour Mansion, Silver Lake, Bay 7 Studios, Valley Village, & Sparky Dark Studio, Calabasas, CA
- Strings recorded by: Casey Stone at Entourage Studios, North Hollywood, CA
- Mixed at Resonate Music, Burbank, CA
- Assistant mix engineers: Keith Armstrong & Dim-E
- Mastered by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound, NY
- Band assistant / life coordinator / master chef at the Paramour: Andres Torres
- A&R: Thom Panunzio
- A&R coordinator: Evan Peters
- Management by: Mike Renault & Dennis Sanders for Focus Three Entertainment
- Booking by Michael Arfin for AGI
- European booking: John Jackson for K2ours
- Business management: Jonathan Schwartz for GSO
- Legal representation: Eric Greenspan for Myman, Abell, Fineman, Greenspan & Light LLP
- Marketing for Geffen: Paul Orescan
- Art direction & design by Greg Patterson
- Additional art direction: Dave Buckner & Jerry Horton
- Coat of arms illustrated by Jeff Toll
- Band photography by Devin Dehaven
- Additional photography by: KirstiAnna Urpa, Jerry Horton, Greg Patterson, Dave Buckner
- "...To Be Loved" was theme song for WWE Raw from 2006 to 2009.
- "...To Be Loved" is also featured in the soundtrack to the 2008 film Never Back Down.
- "...To Be Loved" and "The Addict" were featured in the commercial for Crüe Fest that Papa Roach and Buckcherry did.
- "Alive (N' Out Control)" is the theme song of the TV show Scarred, hosted by Jacoby Shaddix.
- "Time Is Running Out" and "Forever" are featured as downloadable tracks for the Rock Band games.
- "SOS" is also featured on the Crüe Fest compilation album.