|Classification and external resources|
It often refers to osteochondritis dissecans (sometimes spelt dessecans, and abbreviated OCD). The term dissecans refers to the "creation of a flap of cartilage that further dissects away from its underlying subchondral attachments (dissecans)".
The other recognized types of osteochondritis are osteochondritis deformans juvenilis (osteochondritis of the capitular head of the epiphysis of the femur) and osteochondritis deformans juvenilis dorsi (osteochondrosis of the spinal vertebrae, also known as Scheuermann's disease).
- Liam Coyle, Northern Irish footballer
- Bryce Davison, American-Canadian pair skater
- Donna Gurr, Canadian swimmer
- Michael Russell, American tennis player
- Kristina Vaculik, Canadian artistic gymnast
- Jonathan Vilma, American NFL football linebacker
- Luis Zubeldía, Argentine footballer
- "Osteochondritis" at Dorland's Medical Dictionary
- "CAL > Home". cal.vet.upenn.edu. Retrieved August 20, 2015.
- Scheuermann's disease at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
- Quoted from: Matthew Pead and Sue Guthrie. "Elbow Dysplasia in dogs – a new scheme explained" (PDF). British Veterinary Association (BVA). Retrieved 2010-07-16.