Marvel Universe Live!
|Marvel Universe Live!|
Poster for the 2014 UK tour.
|Show type||Touring arena|
|Date of premiere||10 July 2014|
|Primary Marvel character creators||Stan Lee & Jack Kirby|
|Writers||Adam Wilson & Melanie Wilson LaBracio|
|Stunt coordinator||Andy Armstrong|
|Casting director||Jessica Ferris|
|Costume designer||Cynthia Nordstrom|
|Production company||Feld Entertainment|
Marvel's previous licensed theatrical show, Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, a Broadway musical, was plagued by several injures. The movie licenses currently do not restrict the licensed out Marvel characters appearances in a theatrical show like an arena show.
In March 2013, Feld Entertainment agreed with Marvel Entertainment to produce a Marvel Character-based live arena show. For nearly two years, development and engineering had been underway for the show. In September 2013, regional casting calls began in Los Angeles with another set held in Las Vegas, New York and in Orlando in October. In October 2013, at New York Comic Con, Marvel and Feld revealed that the arena show would be Marvel Universe LIVE! In February 2014, the performers were cast and rehearsals began at Feld's facility in Ellenton. Martial artists, aerial performers, X Games competitors and stunt people was the pool from which the cast was selected.
On July 10, 2014, Marvel Universe Live premiered at the Tampa Bay Times Forum with showing there until July 13. The show has an initial 85-city national tour. The show's world premiere follows on August 13 at New York City’s Barclays Center. After Tampa, Florida and New York City, the show will stay on the east coast which includes stops at Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Nashville, Miami, and Atlanta.
Thor shattered the cosmic cube, so it would not fall into dangerous hands. Loki moves to reform the cube in order to destroy the Earth. So, a worldwide race for the fragments is on. The Avengers, Spider-Man and the X-Men work to stop Loki and the other involved super villains (Red Skull, Madame Hydra, Electro, Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus) to save the Earth.
- Kennedy Wynne, Sharon (July 1, 2014). "Ambitious Marvel stunt show makes world premiere in Tampa". Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- Rearick, Kristie (July 18, 2014). "'Marvel Universe Live!' show blows away sibling team who penned script". South Jersey Times. nj.com. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- Clark, Noelene (October 12, 2013). "'Marvel Universe Live': Behind the scenes of a superhero arena show". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- Truitt, Brian (November 5, 2013). "Avengers assemble on the 'Marvel Universe LIVE!' tour". USA Today. Retrieved July 30, 2014.
- "Marvel, circus company join forces for superhero arena show". Los Angeles Times. March 13, 2013. Retrieved 11 May 2013.
- McMillan, Graeme (October 12, 2013). "NYCC: Marvel Reveals Live-Action Stage Event to Launch 2014". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- Suhay, Lisa (July 21, 2014). "Marvel heroes take their 'powers' to live stage show". Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- "'Marvel Universe Live' Brings Superheroes to Life". ABCNews.com. ABC News. July 4, 2014. Retrieved July 30, 2014.
- Roberts, Kimberly C. (July 24, 2014). "'Marvel Universe Live!' comes to Wells Fargo". The Philadelphia Tribune. Retrieved July 31, 2014.