I Am a God
|"I Am a God"|
|Song by Kanye West from the album Yeezus|
"I Am a God" is a song by American hip hop recording artist Kanye West from his sixth solo studio album Yeezus. It was produced by West, Hudson Mohawke, Daft Punk and Mike Dean. I Am a God contains samples of Forward Inna Dem Clothes, written by Clifton Bailey III and H. Hart, and performed by Capleton, featured vocals from Bon Iver's Justin Vernon, and samples of Zindagi Hai Khel, written by Anand Bakshi and R. D. Burman, and performed by Burman, Manna Dey, and Asha Bhosle.
Originally it was rumored Kanye West's sixth studio album was to be titled "I Am God" which caused controversy. Then it was revealed that there was a song titled "I Am a God". West's camp said the title was a reference to Psalm 82: "I said, 'You are gods, / And all of you are children of the Most High." Kanye West debuted the song at the 2013 New York Governors Ball. On June 12, 2013, six days before the album Yeezus was released, a video was uploaded on West's website of him recording vocals for "I Am a God" with producer Rick Rubin and Mike Dean. The song was also featured in the Assassin's Creed film teaser trailer.
|US Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles||9|
|US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs||37|
- Harling, Danielle (2013-03-27). "Kanye West's "I Am A God" Believed To Be Song Title, Not Album". HipHop DX. Retrieved 2013-12-19.
- "Kanye West's 'I Am A God' Inspired By Fashion Week Diss". Huffingtonpost.com. 2013-06-24. Retrieved 2013-12-19.
- "Kanye's Governors Ball Show: 'I Am A God,' 'On Site' And A Few Words (VIDEOS)". Huffingtonpost.com. 2013-06-10. Retrieved 2013-12-19.
- "Kanye's 'I Am A God' Studio Video Shows 'Yeezus' Sessions With Rick Rubin & Mike Dean". Huffingtonpost.com. 2013-06-12. Retrieved 2013-12-19.
- "100 Best Songs of 2013: Kanye West, I Am a God". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2013-12-19.
- "Pictures of NME's 50 Best Tracks Of 2013 - Photos". Nme.Com. 2013-10-29. Retrieved 2013-12-19.