|Single by Twista featuring Kanye West and Jamie Foxx|
|from the album Kamikaze and The College Dropout|
|Released||December 2, 2003|
|Format||12" maxi single|
3:32 (Kamikaze version)|
5:16 (The College Dropout version)
|Twista singles chronology|
"Slow Jamz" is a single by American rapper Twista featuring Kanye West and Jamie Foxx. It was released in late 2003 as the lead single from his album Kamikaze and from Kanye West's debut album The College Dropout. The song peaked at number one in the USA for a week on February 10, 2004 becoming Twista's, West's and Foxx's first number one single. The Kanye West version includes an intro and two extra verses by Jamie Foxx, and excludes the original outro by Twista. The song was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration. Q magazine listed it as the nineteenth greatest hip-hop song of all time.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
The song is a tribute to classic smooth soul artists and slow jam songs. Kanye West is the song's producer and supplies the first verse, Twista gives the second verse and the outro, and actor/singer Jamie Foxx sings the chorus. The song's high-pitched vocal hook – "Are you gonna be, are you gonna be, are you gonna be, well well well well" as well as "Are you gonna be, say that you gonna be" – is sung by Luther Vandross, taken from his version of "A House Is Not a Home."
- Tyler: Now Kanye, I know I told you to slow it down, it's good, it's all good, it's beautiful. But now I need you to do it faster baby, can you please, do it faster baby, do it faster!
- West: Damn, baby; I can't do it that fast...but I know somebody who can. Twista!
The video shows a party; at first we see Jamie Foxx buying records for the party then it goes to the party where Kanye West and Twista are. It includes cameo appearances by Consequence, Aisha Tyler, John Legend, Mike Epps, and Common.
- "Slow Jamz" (Explicit) (4:06)
- "Slow Jamz" (Edited) (3:34)
- "Slow Jamz" (Instrumental) (3:33)
- "Badunkadunk" (Explicit) (4:16)
- "Badunkadunk" (Edited) (4:16)
- "Badunkadunk" (Instrumental) (4:15)
- "Slow Jamz" (DJ Drama Remix) [Featuring T.I., Kanye West, & Jamie Foxx]
- "Slow Jamz" (ColliPark Remix) (Featuring Mr. Collipark & Jamie Foxx) (Official Remix)
|Chart (2003–04)|| Peak|
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||4|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||58|
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||14|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||9|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||3|
|US Billboard Hot 100||1|
|US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs||1|
- * * * Q Mag: 150 Rock Lists * * *
- "Australian-charts.com – TWISTA FEAT. KANYE WEST & JAMIE FOXX – SLOW JAMZ". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Ultratop.be – TWISTA FEAT. KANYE WEST & JAMIE FOXX – SLOW JAMZ" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Musicline.de – TWISTA FEAT. KANYE WEST & JAMIE FOXX Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Chart Track: Week 14, 2004". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – TWISTA FEAT. KANYE WEST & JAMIE FOXX search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40.
- "Charts.org.nz – TWISTA FEAT. KANYE WEST & JAMIE FOXX – SLOW JAMZ". Top 40 Singles.
- "TWISTA FEAT. KANYE WEST & JAMIE FOXX: Artist Chart History" Official Charts Company.
- "Twista – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Twista.