Chicago Bears statistics
- First NFL Game – A 20-0 victory over the Moline Tractors, 10/3/20.
- First Loss – A 7-6 loss to the Chicago Cardinals, 11/28/20.
- First Tie – A 0-0 tie to the Akron Pros, 12/12/20.
- First Thanksgiving Day Game – A 6-0 victory over the Chicago Tigers, 11/25/1920.
- First Overtime Game – A 22-16 loss to the Minnesota Vikings, 10/16/77.
- First Game on Artificial Turf – A 17-15 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers, 9/19/71.
- First Game in a Dome – A 27-7 loss to the Detroit Lions, 10/12/75.
- First International Regular-Season Game – A 22-19 victory over the Buffalo Bills, 11/7/10.
- First Winning Season – 1920 (10-1-2).
- First Losing Season – 1929 (4-9-2).
- First Championship Season – 1921 (9-1-1).
- First Player Deal – The Bears purchased tackle Ed Healey's contract from the Rock Island Independents for $100, 11/27/22.
- First Player Drafted – T Joe Stydahar, 1936.
- First Bear Named All-Pro – HB Red Grange, 1931.
- First Bears Elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame – HB Red Grange, Owner/Coach/E George Halas, FB Bronko Nagurski, 1963 Charter Members.
- First Bears in the Pro Bowl – G Dick Barwegan, G Ray Bray, T/LB George Connor, T Fred Davis, QB Johnny Lujack, Delaware Ed Sprinkle, C/LB Bulldog Turner, 1/14/51.
- First Head Coach to coach in the Pro Bowl – Paddy Driscoll, 1/13/57.
- First To Pass 400 Yards In A Game – Sid Luckman, 433 yards vs. the New York Giants, 11/14/43.
- First to Rush 100 Yards In A Game – Bronko Nagurski, 124 yards vs. the Portsmouth Spartans, 11/26/33 (the first year official statistics were recorded).
- First 1,000-Yard Rusher – Beattie Feathers became the first back in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards in a season. He gained 1,004 yards in 1934.
- First Playoff Game – A 23-21 victory over the New York Giants, 12/17/33.
- First Overtime Playoff Game – A 27-24 victory over the Seattle Seahawks, 1/14/07
- First NFC Championship Game Appearance – A 23-0 loss to the San Francisco 49ers, 1/6/85
- First Super Bowl Appearance – A 46-10 victory over the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XX, 1/26/86.
Individual statistical career leaders
- The following is a list of historical leaders in select offensive and defensive statistical records. For a complete list of statistical team records including individual career, single-season, single-game, and team records, see List of Chicago Bears team records.
|active||Active players are listed in italics|
|*||Tie between two or more players/teams|
|†||Tied for NFL record|
For a complete list of statistical team records including team season and game records, see List of Chicago Bears team records.
- Best Record: 15-1, 1985 (16 games)
- Worst Record: 1-13, 1969 (14 games)
- Highest Winning Percentage: 1.000†, 1942 (11 games); 1934 (13 games)
- Lowest Winning Percentage: .071, 1969 (14 games)
- Home Wins: 9, 1926 (11 games)
- Road Wins: 7, (5 times) Last: 2006 (8 road games)
†-tied NFL record
- Largest Margin of Victory – 73-0*, at Washington, 12/8/40
- Largest Margin of Defeat – 52-0, at Baltimore Colts, 9/27/64
- Largest Margin of Victory at Home – 61-7, Green Bay, 12/7/80
- Largest Margin of Defeat at Home – 34-0, San Francisco, 11/17/74
* – 1940 NFL Championship
- For complete list of statistical team records during postseason play see, List of Chicago Bears postseason team records
NFL Championship Game results
|Game||Winning team||Score||Losing team|
|1921 NFL season||Chicago Bears||No Game||None|
|NFL Playoff Game, 1932||Chicago Bears||9–0||Portsmouth Spartans|
|1933 NFL Championship Game||Chicago Bears||23–21||New York Giants|
|1934 NFL Championship Game||New York Giants||30–13||Chicago Bears|
|1937 NFL Championship Game||Washington Redskins||28–21||Chicago Bears|
|1940 NFL Championship Game||Chicago Bears||73–0||Washington Redskins|
|1941 NFL Championship Game||Chicago Bears||37–9||New York Giants|
|1942 NFL Championship Game||Washington Redskins||14–6||Chicago Bears|
|1943 NFL Championship Game||Chicago Bears||41–21||Washington Redskins|
|1946 NFL Championship Game||Chicago Bears||24–14||New York Giants|
|1956 NFL Championship Game||New York Giants||47–7||Chicago Bears|
|1963 NFL Championship Game||Chicago Bears||14–10||New York Giants|
|Super Bowl XX||Chicago Bears||46–10||New England Patriots|
|Super Bowl XLI||Indianapolis Colts||29–17||Chicago Bears|
|Total: (13 NFL Championships played); (8–5 record); (9 NFL Championships)|
Main article: List of Chicago Bears head coaches
- Most victories as franchise head coach (regular plus postseason): 324 – George Halas (1920–1929, 1933–1942, 1946–1955, 1958–1967)
- Most victories as franchise head coach (regular season): 318 – George Halas (1920–1929, 1933–1942, 1946–1955, 1958–1967)
- Most victories as franchise head coach (postseason): 6 – George Halas (1933–1942, 1946–1955, 1958–1967) and Mike Ditka (1982–1992)
- Highest winning percentage as head coach: .706 – Ralph Jones (1930–1932)
- Lowest winning percentage as head coach: .268 – Abe Gibron (1972–1974)
- Most seasons as franchise head coach: 40 – George Halas (1920–1929, 1933–1942, 1946–1955, 1958–1967)
- Most consecutive seasons as head coach: 11 – Mike Ditka (1982–92)
- Most Championships as a head coach: 6† – George Halas (1921, 1933, 1940, 1941, 1946, & 1963)
†-tied NFL record
For more information on the yearly results of the Chicago Bears, see List of Chicago Bears seasons.
For more information on yearly team awards and honors, see List of Chicago Bears team awards.
For more information on the all-time series record for the Chicago Bears all NFL franchises (present and defunct), see List of Chicago Bears all-time record versus NFL.
For more information on the yearly result of the Chicago Bears on Primetime football games, see List of Chicago Bears results on Primetime Football.
For more information on the yearly result of the Chicago Bears on Holidays football games such as Thanksgiving and Christmas, see List of Chicago Bears results on Holidays Football.
- Regular season all-time record (as of 2016): 743–564–42 (.554)
- Postseason all-time record (as of 2016): 17–18 (.486)
- Total all-time record: (as of 2016): 760–582–42 (.552)
All-time home/road records
- Home Games all-time record (as of 2016): 448–249–25 (.622)
- Road Games all-time record (as of 2016): 312–330–17 (.477)
Records on different playing surfaces
- Dome/Retractable Roof all-time record (as of 2016): 48–68 (.425)
- Artificial Turf all-time record (1971–present): 167–155–1 (.525)
Records on different holidays/special day games
- Thanksgiving Day Games all-time record (as of 2016): 17–14–2 (.530)
- Sunday Night Football all-time record (1987–present): 15–22 (.405)
- Monday Night Football all-time record (1970–present): 30–37 (.448)
- Thursday Night Football all-time record (as of 2016): 7–7 (.500)
- Opening Day all-time record (as of 2016): 54–38–5 (.568)
- NFC Central Division all-time record (1970–2001): 101–84 (.546)
- NFC North Division all-time record (2002–present): 42–45 (.483)
- Shutouts all-time record (as of 2016): 118–58–17 (.614)
- Preseason all-time record (as of 2016): 235–172–8 (.573)
- Overtime all-time record (as of 2016): 22–21 (.512)
- First Game after Bye Week all-time record (1990–present): 17–10 (.630)
Individual league awards
- For a complete list of individual league awards handed out to Chicago Bears players and coaches, see List of Chicago Bears award winners.
- Chicago Bears Team Stats and Records
- Pro Football Hall of Fame: Chicago Bears
- Pro-Football Reference