Beach handball is a team sport where two teams pass and bounce a ball, trying to throw it in the goal of the opposing team. The game is similar to team handball, but it is played on sand instead of in a sports hall. Matches are played in two or three sets, depending on when a team wins their second set of the game. If the goalkeeper scores a goal this counts as two points, compared to a normal goal scored by an outfield player which counts as 1 point. Creative or spectacular goals are awarded with two points, as well as inflights and 6 meter throws.
The official rules of Beach Handball is internationally made in 2002. The first European Championships was played in the year 2000.
As of September 2014, Brazil is ranked the number 1 country in the world, and is the winner of the world championship in both men's and women's divisions at the 2014 Beach Handball World Championships.
- World Men's Beach Handball Championship
- World Women's Beach Handball Championship
- European Beach Handball Championship
- Beach handball at the World Games
- Pan American Beach Handball Championship
- "Beach Handball Carnival on the beach of Recife". ihf.info. 2014-07-27.
- Suances Cup Beach Handball Championships
- Polish Beach Handball Community
- World CUP Cadiz 2008
- Calella International Beach Handball Open
- 2011 European Beach Handball Championships,Umag, Croatia
- Croatian Beach Handball