|Coordinates: 33°32′46″N 36°20′16″E / 33.54611°N 36.33778°ECoordinates: 33°32′46″N 36°20′16″E / 33.54611°N 36.33778°E|
Al-Qabun (Arabic: القابون, sometimes spelled Al-Kaboun or Qaboun) is a municipality and neighbourhood in Damascus, Syria, located 6 kilometers (3.7 mi) north-east of the city center, to the north of Jobar district. In the 2004 census, it had a population of 89,974. Since the beginning of the Syrian civil war, it has been primarily controlled by the rebels, but has been under truce with the government since 2014. The situation has been described as a "siege". On 17 April 2015, the rebels (Jaish al-Islam and the Free Syrian Army's First Brigade) launched a military campaign to expel the Islamic State from the Barzeh, Qaboun, and Tishrin neighborhoods, which ended in success 3 days later.
- Al-Masaneh' (pop. 3,419)
- Qabun (pop. 33,327)
- Tishrin (pop. 53,228)
- "Qaboun - Wikimapia". Wikimapia.
- Damascus governorate population 2004 census
- سلافة جبور (6 July 2014). "هدنة حي القابون بدمشق تدخل حيز التنفيذ". Al-Jazeera. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
- "Despite 2-year-old truce, Qaboun suffers severe siege". Zaman al-Wasl. 27 February 2016. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
- "ISIS encroaches on east Damascus". NOW. 17 April 2015. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- "Damascus: Islam Army attacks ISIS bases in Qaboun, Barzeh neighborhoods". Zaman al-Wasl. 17 April 2015. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- "Syrian rebels defeat ISIS in Damascus". Ara News. 20 April 2015. Retrieved 29 August 2016.