Administrative divisions of Latvia
Administrative divisions of Latvia (valid since 1 July 2009). According to the Administrative territorial reform of Latvia, Latvia changed its administrative divisions from two-level municipalities (the districts were the first-level municipalities, while towns, cities, towns countryside territories and parishes were the second-level municipalities) to one-level municipalities - districts were liquidated, but towns (Latvian: pilsētas, plural), towns countryside territories (Latvian: pilsētu lauku teritorijas, plural) and parishes (Latvian: pagasti, plural) were merged into 110 municipalities (Latvian: novadi, plural) and there are 9 republican cities (Latvian: republikas pilsētas) with their own city council and administration.
Cities under state jurisdiction
|Number||Name of the City|
Municipalities and their territorial units
- Administrative divisions of Latvia before 2009
- Cultural regions of Latvia
- Districts of Latvia
- List of cities in Latvia
- List of former cities of Latvia
- Planning regions of Latvia
- Statistical regions of Latvia
- ISO 3166-2:LV
- HISTORY AND PROGRESS OF TERRITORIAL REFORM IN LATVIA Archived August 16, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Administratīvo teritoriju un apdzīvoto vietu likums" (in Latvian). likumi.lv. 2008-12-18. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- "Administratīvo teritoriju un apdzīvoto vietu likums" (in Latvian). nais.lv. 2008-12-18. Retrieved 2015-09-10.
- Administratīvo teritoriju un apdzīvoto vietu likums (reģ. nr.684/Lp9) (The Law about Administrative Territories and Settlements)