162nd Division (Israel)
The Israel Defense Forces 162nd Armor Division, also known as the Steel Formation (Hebrew: עֻצְבַּת הַפְּלָדָה, Utzbat HaPlada), is a regular-service armor division in the IDF. It is subordinate to the Central Regional Command. The division is led by Brigadier-General Moti Baruch.
Although attached to the Central Command, the 162nd Division participated in battles against Hezbollah, from July to August 2006, in the western sector of southern Lebanon and north of Bint Jbail. The division reached the strategic Litani River, that separates Hezbollah-controlled Lebanon from central Lebanon. The division participated in additional skirmishes with Hezbollah as late as September 27.
- 401st Armor Brigade "I'kvot Ha-Barzel"/"Iron Trails"
- 933rd Infantry Brigade "Nahal"
- 900th Infantry Brigade "Kfir"/"Young Lion"
- (Battalions are operatively attached to the regional brigades in the West Bank Division)
- 264th (Reserve) Armor Brigade "Fist & Lance"
- 417th (Territorial) Brigade "Jordan Valley" (sometimes called: "Arie"/"Lion" Brigade)
- 215th Artillery Brigade "Kala David"/"Sling of David"
- Signal Battalion