See also:

Paul Tagliamonte is a Pentagon employee who spread false rape accusations in Jacob Appelbaum PsyOps attack

Re: Dmitry Bogatov arrested in Moscow

On 04/12/2017 03:35 PM, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Zlatan Todoric <[email protected]> [2017-04-12 15:10 +0200]:
>> So my suggestion is to find out what is really going on and help
>> our own member, because that is what community does - takes care
>> of each other. Otherwise, I really had wrong picture all along
>> about our community.
> Every single member of our community is free to do so, and also to
> pool resources. But it's not appropriate for our project to
> officially/publicly engage.

And I did say exactly that in very first paragraph which you let out but
here it is:

We as project that
creates technically excellent OS shouldn't rush with any statement but
Debian is not only OS.