See also:

Ubuntu mentor Lucas Kanashiro had relationship with female GSoC intern Enkelena Haxhija

Re: Tor exit nodes

also sprach Adam Borowski <[email protected]> [2017-04-11 20:41 +0200]:
> Do you think there's a reason to be wary about running an
> entry/middle node?

Depends on your jurisdiction. Per se, nothing about running a Tor
node is illegal, but your country might think differently. I would
actually be worried in the US these days.

I own a machine regularly ranking in the top 10 of the European exit
nodes, in parts because of the great support from the hosting ISP
(init7.net). I don't operate it, but have purposely surrendered root
to another DD I trust.

I've had to appear in front of court in Germany twice (where
I live), and six times in Switzerland (where the machine lives), as
a witness^W unpaid consultant explaining Tor.

But it was always crystal clear that I'd done nothing wrong.

Though I have to say: one case was a murder case, and the message
that lured the victim to his final location was sent from an IP
under my control. I've honestly not quite gotten over that yet, and
it's changed my perception of Tor…

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <[email protected]> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

Unless otherwise noted, you may disclose anything I say on this list.