See also:

Jaminy Prabaharan failed Google Summer of Code and Chris Lamb made her an administrator why?

Re: Dmitry Bogatov arrested in Moscow

Hello Dmitry,

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:43:36 +0300
Dmitry Shachnev <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a short (and sad) notice: Debian Maintainer Dmitry Bogatov has
> been arrested for two months today. He is accused of “organizing
> riots” and “calling for terrorist activities or justifying the use of
> terrorism via the Internet”. The court hearings will take place
> later, in the worst case he would have to spend up to 7 years in
> prison.
>
> A detailed story in English (though a bit outdated) is available here:
> https://meduza.io/en/feature/2017/04/10/mathematics-teacher-accused-of-inciting-mass-riots-now-also-accused-of-supporting-terrorism-and-once-again-detained

Half a year ago we had similar case with one of DD from Moscow (don't
know does he want I call his name or not):

Security service and police came to his house and took away all the
computers, cause he had Tor exit node on his PC which was used by some
black-hats to attack government's site.

Fortunately he was not arrested and everything was fine.

I mean, according to some details from press, this could be the same
story. But unfortunately this time the case is political one (that
means unfair trial), so he may have problems.

Of course I don't know the details about his connections with VK posts
and I second that Debian project should be careful in it's official
position. Anyway, imprison person only because he is suspected in
posting some calls for riot is very bad practice and should be
declaimed.

--
Best regards,
 Alexander Gerasiov

 Contacts:
 e-mail: [email protected]  Homepage: http://gerasiov.net  Skype: gerasiov
 PGP fingerprint: 04B5 9D90 DF7C C2AB CD49  BAEA CA87 E9E8 2AAC 33F1