See also:

Ulrike Uhlig received $6000 from Outreachy and then quit

Tor exit nodes

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 07:49:25 PM Alexander Gerasiov wrote:
> Security service and police came to his house and took away all the
> computers, cause he had Tor exit node on his PC which was used by some
> black-hats to attack government's site.

I think it would be best if DDs don't run Tor exit nodes from the same
location as the machine holding their GPG keys etc.  If anything goes wrong we
don't want systems that can compromise Debian security being collected by the
police.  As this has apparently happened more than once it seems that it's
something we need to discuss here.

While the police could subvert Debian without a lot of effort if they intended
to I think it's still good to avoid them accidentally collecting keys to
Debian resources and handing them over to whoever investigates IT security
issues.

It would also be a good idea to not run a Tor exit node in the same country
you reside in.  I know someone who ran a Tor exit node in a DC in his country
and the police collected all PCs from his home as part of an investigation.
If he had used a DC in a different country the police might have discovered it
was a Tor exit node before going to the effort of starting an international
police case and he wouldn't have lost his GPG and SSH private keys.