19 March 1980|
Buenos Aires, Argentina
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
Valentina Kogan (born 19 March 1980) is an Argentine handball goalkeeper. She plays for Vilo and the Argentina national team and participated at the 2011 World Women's Handball Championship in Brazil.
Valentina Kogan is diabetic since the age of 10, and vegetarian since the age of 15. She started playing handball when she was in middle school at Colegio Tarbut, a Jewish private school with a trilingual education program. Kogan studied International Relations at the University of San Andrés, and is married since 2013 to Carolina Rieger. The couple is expecting twins, conceived by artificial insemination.
Kogan played professionally in Spain between 2002 and 2005 for the spanish team Vícar Goya Koppert. She is also the director of Club de Corredores, a company dedicated to the organization of marathons and outdoor races.
As the goalkeeper for the National squad, she won silver medals at three Pan American Games (Santo Domingo 2003, Guadalajara 2011 and Toronto 2015) and the bronze medal at the Pan American Women's Handball Championship (Santo Domingo 2007), plus a bronze medal at the 2007 Pan American Games. In 2009, the team won the gold medal the Pan American Championship after defeating Brazil. She also won the gold medal at the 2010 South American Games held in Medellín, Colombia.
Kogan retired from the Argentinian National Squad after the 2016 Summer Olympic Games, finishing an 18-years long presence at the national team and after the first ever participation of Argentina in Women's Handball at the Olympic Games.
- Top Goalkeeper:
- "XX Women's World Handball Championship 2011; Brazil – Team Roster Argentina" (PDF). International Handball Federation. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- Río 2016: Valentina Kogan, la arquera del handball que ya tiene su medalla
- “El deseo de mi vida se hizo realidad”
- "Creo que es el cierre perfecto"
- El regreso de la número 1
- La historia de amor de la arquera que será mamá después de Río 2016
- Valentina Kogan:Home
- El alocado festejo de la selección femenina de handball que sorprendió a los canadienses