Station facilities under tracks, January 2008
1-5, Chūdōji-minamimachi, Shimogyō, Kyoto, Kyoto|
|Coordinates||34°59′43.51″N 135°44′32.73″E / 34.9954194°N 135.7424250°ECoordinates: 34°59′43.51″N 135°44′32.73″E / 34.9954194°N 135.7424250°E|
|Operated by||West Japan Railway Company|
- West Japan Railway Company (JR West)
Tambaguchi Station opened on April 27, 1897, when the Kyoto Railway extended from Nijō to Ōmiya (temporary terminal in Kyoto). On March 16, 1976, the station was moved 0.5 kilometers northward and elevated. At this time, the freight facilities of the station, which had served Kyoto Central Wholesale Market, were not elevated and became independent Kyōto-shijō Freight Terminal (京都市場駅 Kyōto-shijō-eki). The freight terminal closed on February 1, 1984.
|Rapid: Does not stop at this station|