|Look up symbology in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Symbology concerns the study of symbols.
Symbology may also refer to:
- Semiotics, study of signs and symbols
- Iconography, branch of art history which studies images
- Symbolic system, used in the field of anthropology, sociology, and psychology to refer to a system of interconnected symbolic meanings
- Symbolic anthropology, diverse set of approaches within cultural anthropology that view culture as a symbolic system that arises primarily from human interpretations of the world
- Symbolism (disambiguation), use of symbols to represent ideas and emotions
- Symbology, a players special ability in the Star Ocean: Till the End of Time video game
- Symbology, a fictional academic discipline of which the character Robert Langdon is a professor
- A word a detective uses in the film The Boondock Saints in place of symbolism; he is berated by Willem DaFoe's character for use of this word
- Symbol (programming)
- Cartography and GIS, the set of conventions, rules, or encoding systems that define how geographic features are represented with symbols on a map.
- Military symbology, APP-6A, Military Symbols for Land Based Systems, NATO standardization agreement
- Engineering, Use of symbols to denote equipment, services, pipelines, boundaries and features.
- Barcode, optical machine-readable representation of data