Roy Richard Grinker
|Roy Richard Grinker|
|Born||1961 (age 54–55)|
|Residence||Maryland, United States|
Grinnell College (B.A. 1983)|
Harvard (M.A. 1985)
Harvard (Ph.D. 1989)
Grinker is an authority on North and South Korean relations. As part of his PhD research, he spent two years living with the Lese farmers and the Efé pygmies in the northeastern Democratic Republic of the Congo as a Fulbright scholar. He has also conducted epidemiological research on autism in Korea.
- Houses in the Rainforest: Ethnicity and Inequality among Farmers and Foragers in Northeastern Zaire (ISBN 0520089758, University of California Press, 1994)
- (with Christopher B. Steiner) Perspectives on Africa: A Reader in Culture, History and Representation (ISBN 1557866864, Blackwell Publishers, 1997)
- Korea and its Futures: Unification and the Unfinished War (ISBN 0312224729, St. Martin's Press, 1998)
- In the Arms of Africa: The Life of Colin M. Turnbull (ISBN 0226309045, University of Chicago Press, 2000)
- Unstrange Minds: Remapping the World of Autism (ISBN 0465027636, Basic Books, 2007)
His book on autism, Unstrange Minds, was in part an "attempt to make sense of an intensely personal issue: his own daughter's autism."
- "Roy Richard Grinker | The Department of Anthropology | The George Washington University". The Department of Anthropology | The George Washington University. The George Washington University. 7 October 2015. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- "Roy Richard Grinker | Elliott School of International Affairs | The George Washington University". elliott.gwu.edu. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Roy Richard Grinker". www.colinturnbull.com. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Anthropological Quarterly (AQ) Staff and Editorial Board". Anthropological Quarterly. Anthropological Quarterly. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Unstrange Minds Remapping the World of AUTISM". www.unstrange.com. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- Grinker, Roy Richard (2007). Unstrange Minds. New York: Basic Books.
- "Unstrange Minds :: Bio and Photos". www.unstrange.com. Retrieved 2015-11-02.