Prithvi Raj Singh Oberoi
Prithviraj Singh Oberoi or Biki Oberoi (born 1929) is the Executive Chairman of the ₹7,000 crore (US$1.0 billion) EIH Limited (formerly East India Hotels), , the flagship company of India’s The Oberoi Group, which runs a chain of luxury hotels, The Trident hotels and Oberoi Hotels & Resorts., the third largest hospitality chain in India.
In 2008, the Government of India awarded Oberoi with the Padma Vibhushan, India's second-highest civilian honour, in recognition of his exceptional service to the country. Popularly known as "Biki", in 2002 he took over as the Chairman of EIH Limited with the death of Mohan Singh Oberoi, his father and the founding chairman of The Oberoi group, and remained CEO of EIH Ltd until 2013.
Oberoi was educated in St. Paul's School, Darjeeling, India, and later the United Kingdom and Switzerland. He served as a Director of Jet Airways (India) Limited since March 29, 2004. Oberoi is a graduate in Hotel Management from Lausanne, Switzerland. In 2010, he was recognised as the “Corporate Hotelier of the World” by Hotels magazine
- "EIH Chairman: Founders Have No Plans to Sell Stake". Wall Street Journal.
- "Biki Oberoi names son Vikram as successor". The Times of India. April 11, 2011. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
- "Persons: P.R.S Oberoi". Wall Street Journal.
- "Padma Awards Directory (1954–2013)" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. (archived)
- "Oberoi Hotels and Resorts website".
- "PRS Oberoi Is New EIH Chairman".
- "Prithvi Raj Singh Oberoi: Executive Profile & Biography". Businessweek. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
- "R S Oberoi, Chairman, Oberoi Hotels & Resort Group awarded '2010 Corporate Hotelier of the World' award".
- Prince Mathews Thomas (October 13, 2014). "Leadership Awards 2014: Mr. Hospitality: PRS 'Biki' Oberoi has made guests' comfort his priority". Forbes India Magazine. Retrieved 2015-10-11.