Police (Northern Ireland) Act 2000
|Long title||An Act to make provision about policing in Northern Ireland; and for connected purposes.|
|Citation||2000 c 32|
|Territorial extent||Northern Ireland|
|Royal assent||23 November 2000|
Status: Current legislation
The Police (Northern Ireland) Act 2000 (c 32) is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. The Act renamed the Royal Ulster Constabulary to the Police Service of Northern Ireland, created the Northern Ireland Policing Board and District Police Partnerships.
- Belfast Agreement
- Independent Commission on Policing for Northern Ireland
- Police (Northern Ireland) Act 2003
- Hansard (House of Commons). Vol 350. Col 161.
- Text of the Police (Northern Ireland) Act 2000 as in force today (including any amendments) within the United Kingdom, from legislation.gov.uk
- The Police (Northern Ireland) Act 2000, as originally enacted, from the National Archives.
- Explanatory notes to the Police (Northern Ireland) Act 2000 from the National Archives.