Piano Sonata No. 24 (Beethoven)
The Piano Sonata No. 24 in F-sharp major, Op. 78, nicknamed "à Thérèse" (because it was written for Countess Thérèse von Brunswick) was written by Ludwig van Beethoven in 1809. It consists of two movements:
- Adagio cantabile - Allegro ma non troppo
- Allegro vivace
A typical performance takes 10 minutes. The common practice of leaving out long repeated sections, such as the development and recapitulation in the first movement, would make two or three minutes' difference to the total duration.
- Solomon, Maynard (1977). Beethoven. Shirmer Books. ISBN 9780028724607.
- A lecture by András Schiff on Beethoven's piano sonata op. 78
- For a public domain recording of this sonata visit Musopen
- Piano Sonata No. 24: Scores at the International Music Score Library Project
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Piano Sonata No. 24 (Beethoven).|