Peter Lang (publisher)
|Founded||1970Frankfurt am Main, Germany,|
|Country of origin||Switzerland|
|Headquarters location||Pieterlen and Bern|
|Publication types||Books, academic journals, textbooks|
Peter Lang is an academic publisher specializing in the humanities and social sciences. It has its headquarters in Pieterlen and Bern, Switzerland, with offices in Brussels, Frankfurt am Main, New York City, Dublin, Oxford, Vienna, and Warsaw.
Peter Lang publishes over 1,800 academic titles annually, both in print and digital formats, with a backlist of over 55,000 books. It has its complete online journals collection available on Ingentaconnect and distributes its digital textbooks globally through Kortext.
Peter Lang publishes monographs, edited volumes and doctoral dissertations. In the SENSE ranking of academic publishers it is categorized as a level C publisher ("decent international publishers and excellent national publishers").
Areas of publication
- Economics and Management
- English Language and Literatures
- German Language and Literatures
- Media and Communication
- Romance Languages and Literatures
The company was founded in Frankfurt am Main in 1970 by Swiss editor Peter Lang. It started as an academic publisher specialising in PhD theses and similar academic works. Since 1982 it has an American subsidiary, Peter Lang Publishing USA, specializing in textbooks for classroom use in education, media and communication, and Black studies, as well as monographs in the humanities and social sciences.
- Peter Lang Website
- "Peter Lang Academic Publishing Group". IngentaConnect. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- Peter Lang Press Releases
- "Peter Lang und Kortext kooperieren". BuchMarkt. 2014-11-25. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- SENSE ranking of academic publishers
- "Gedruckt wird das Werk nur ehrenhalber". Berliner Zeitung. 1996-11-28. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- "Critics Choice Awards". American Educational Studies Association. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- "Peter Lang Publishing". American Libraries Buyers Guide. 2010-10-06. Retrieved 2010-10-12.
- "Peter Lang". YBP Library Services. Retrieved 2015-03-12.