John K. Walton
Walton was previously Professor of Modern Social History at Lancaster University, Professor of Social History at the University of Central Lancashire, and Professor of Social History in the Institute of Northern Studies, Leeds Metropolitan University. He was a Member of the Chetham Society, serving as a Member of Council from 1989 and as General Editor from 1991 to 2004.
- The British seaside: holidays and resorts in the twentieth century. Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2000.
- The playful crowd: pleasure places in the twentieth century. New York: Columbia University Press, 2005. (with Gary Cross)
- Riding on rainbows: Blackpool Pleasure Beach and its place in British popular culture. St Albans: Skelter Publishing, 2007.
- Constructing cultural tourism: John Ruskin and the tourist gaze. Bristol: Channel View, 2010. (with Keith Hanley)
- "Walton John - Social History and Contemporary Basque Country Politics Research Group - UPV/EHU". Ehu.eus. Retrieved 2015-11-24.
- "February 2012: John K. Walton". Britishscholar.org. 2012-02-29. Retrieved 2015-11-24.
- "Chetham Society: Officers and Council" (PDF). Chetham Society. 2015-11-04. Retrieved 2015-11-04.