Jeremy Langford (American football)
|No. 33 Chicago Bears|
|Date of birth:||December 6, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Wayne, Michigan|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||211 lb (96 kg)|
|High school:||Westland (MI) Glenn|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 4 / Pick: 106|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Jeremy Langford (born December 6, 1991) is an American football running back for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Michigan State. He was drafted in the 4th round of the 2015 NFL Draft.
He was also on the school's track & field team, where he competed as a sprinter. At the 2010 Huron Relays, he placed 7th in the 60 meters at 7.11 seconds. He was timed at 10.6 seconds in the 100 meters as a high school junior.
Langford was red-shirted as a freshman in 2010. As a red-shirt freshman in 2011, he was a backup Running back and played special teams, recording a sack and a touchdown on a fumble return. In 2012, he was a backup to Le'Veon Bell, rushing nine times for 23 yards. As a junior in 2013, he started all 14 games, rushing for 1,422 yards on 292 carries with 18 touchdowns. As a senior, he rushed for a career high 1,522 yards on 276 carries and recorded 22 touchdowns, tying the school record set by Javon Ringer in 2008. In the 2015 Cotton Bowl versus Baylor, he rushed for 162 yards on 27 carries and three touchdowns, helping lead the Spartans to a 42–41 victory.
- Career Statistics
During the Chicago Bears season opener against the Green Bay Packers, he received his first career carry for one-yard. The next game, he had six carries for 21 yards while scoring his first career rushing touchdown against the Arizona Cardinals.
On October 18, 2015, Langford ran for 10 yards on 5 carries and a rushing touchdown against the Detroit Lions.
Throughout the first seven games of the season Langford had a light workload, backing up long-time Bears running back Matt Forte. In week 8 contest against the Minnesota Vikings, he had a season high 12 carries for 46 rushing yards after Forte left the game with a knee injury.
Langford received his first career start on November 9, 2015, filling in for injured veteran Matt Forte against the San Diego Chargers, gaining 73 rushing yards on 20 carries and a rushing touchdown, as well as 70 receiving yards on three catches which include a 23-yard gain, and a 31-yard catch, helping the Bears come back in the fourth quarter and win the week 9 match-up, 23-20.
The following week, while playing against the St. Louis Rams, Langford posted 73 rushing yards on 20 carries for one rushing touchdown and seven receptions for 103 yards and a 83-yard receiving touchdown.
On November 22, 2015, Langford ran for 25 yards on 13 carries and a rushing touchdown against the Denver Broncos.
On November 26, 2015, Langford dashed for 48 yards rushing on 12 carries and a rushing touchdown against the Green Bay Packers.
Langford recorded a career high 83 yards rushing on 18 carries against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on December 27, 2015.
Langford was raised by his mother, Shamine Langford, and his father, Jeffrey Langford.
- "Jeremy Langford's (Westland, MI) Football Stats – MaxPreps". MaxPreps.com. November 8, 2015.
- "Huron Relays". Mich Track XC.
- "Jeremy Langford". yahoo.com.
- "Drew Sharp: RB Jeremy Langford's resilience mirrors Michigan State's program". Detroit Free Press.
- "Jeremy Langford goes from overlooked recruit to Spartans' closer". lansingstatejournal.com.
- "Rose Bowl: Michigan State's Jeremy Langford waited for his turn". latimes.
- "Bigger, stronger Jeremy Langford looks to break more long runs for Michigan State next season". MLive.com.
- "Michigan State shocks Baylor in Cotton Bowl on late comeback". NFL.com.
- "2015 NFL draft total breakdown: Bears draft RB Jeremy Langford in 4th – Chicago Bears Blog – ESPN". ESPN.com.
- "Langford Will Give Team Glimpse of the Future in Week 9". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Langford dives for 1-yard touchdown". www.chicagobears.com. Retrieved 2016-02-12.
- "Bears vs. Lions - Box Score - October 18, 2015 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-02-12.
- "Alshon Jeffery up, Jeremy Langford down in Bears' loss to Vikings". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Bears Jeremy Langford turns on the jets for 23-yard gain". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "Jeremy Langford makes leaping 31-yard catch". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "Prime Time: Bears RB Jeremy Langford goes off vs. Chargers - Chicago". Chicago. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Bears Jeremy Langford bursts up the middle for 1-yard TD". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "Jeremy Langford overwhelms Rams in Bears' win". NFL.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Can't-Miss Play: Jeremy jets past Rams". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "Bears Jeremy Langford 6-yard touchdown run". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "Langford scores 2-yard touchdown". www.chicagobears.com. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "Broncos vs. Bears - Box Score - November 22, 2015 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "Bears vs. Packers - Box Score - November 26, 2015 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "Bears Jeremy Langford punches in 1-yard TD". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "Bears' Jeremy Langford: Gains 83 yards rushing in Week 16 victory - CBSSports.com". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Bears beat Bucs to snap 3-game skid". www.chicagobears.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.