Faroald II of Spoleto
Faroald ruled along with his mother Wachilap. He attacked and took Classis, the port of Ravenna, but he was ordered to return it by King Liutprand. Faroald also founded and endowed the monastery of San Pietro in Valle at Ferentillo. In 724, Faroald's son Thrasimund rebelled against his father and put him in a monastery.
- Paul the Deacon. Historia Langobardorum. Translated by William Dudley Foulke. University of Pennsylvania: 1907.
- Everett, Nicholas. Literacy in Lombard Italy, c. 568–774. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003. ISBN 0-521-81905-9.
- Hartmann, Ludo Moritz. Geschichte Italiens im Mittelalter. Gotha, 1903.
- Hodgkin, Thomas. Italy and her Invaders. Clarendon Press: 1895.
- Pabst, H. "Geschichte des langobardischen Herzogthums." Forschungen zur deutschen Geschichte Vol. II, p. 405. Göttingen, 1862.
|Duke of Spoleto
703 – 724
| Succeeded by|