David Murray Big Band
David Murray Big Band conducted by Lawrence "Butch" Morris is an album by David Murray released on the DIW/Columbia label. It is the third album to feature his Big Band and was released in 1991 featuring performances by Murray, Hugh Ragin, Graham Haynes, Rasul Siddik, James Zollar, Craig Harris, Frank Lacy, Al Patterson, Bob Stewart, Vincent Chancey, Khalil Henry, James Spaulding, Patience Higgins, Don Byron, John Purcell, Sonelius Smith, Fred Hopkins, Tani Tabbal conducted by Lawrence "Butch" Morris.
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow awarded the album 4 stars stating "The David Murray big band, which can be undisciplined and even a bit out of control, is never dull. This generally brilliant effort has quite a few highpoints... easily recommended to listeners with open ears".
- "Paul Gonsalves" - 17:37
- "Lester" - 9:56
- "Ben" - 10:09
- "Calling Steve McCall" (Morris) - 6:17
- "Lovejoy" (Harris) - 6:11
- "Istanbul" - 9:24
- "David's Tune" - 7:50
- "Let the Music Take You" (lyrics by Henderson, Harris) - 3:49
- All compositions by David Murray except as indicated
- Recorded March 5 & 6, 1991 at Clinton Recording Studios, NYC