David Bass (American football)
|No. 51 Tennessee Titans|
|Date of birth:||September 11, 1990|
|Place of birth:||St. Louis, Missouri|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||256 lb (116 kg)|
|High school:||St. Louis (MO) University City|
|College:||Missouri Western State|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 7 / Pick: 233|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 8, 2016|
David Bass (born September 11, 1990) is an American football linebacker for the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the seven round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at Missouri Western State.
Bass was a team captain for University City High School in St. Louis, and became an all-metro selection; Bass also was awarded the Fab-25 Demetrius Johnson Award, given to the top defensive linemen in Missouri and Illinois.
Bass attended Missouri Western State, breaking the school record with 40.5 career sacks and 50 consecutive starts. In his senior year, Bass was a finalist for the Gene Upshaw Award, and played in the East-West Shrine Game.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3⅞ in||262 lb||33½ in||10½ in||4.74 s||1.67 s||2.71 s||4.33 s||7.07 s||30.5 in||9 ft 3 in||20 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
On September 1, Bass was claimed off waivers by the Chicago Bears. Bass made his first NFL start against the Detroit Lions in week ten. The following week against the Baltimore Ravens, Bass intercepted Joe Flacco and returned the pick 24 yards for a touchdown, becoming the first Bears lineman to record a pick-six since Michael Haynes in 2004 against the Tennessee Titans, and the first Bears rookie defensive lineman to do so since Jon Norris in 1987 against the New Orleans Saints. On September 5, 2015, he was released by the Bears.
On September 6, 2015, Bass was claimed off waivers by the Tennessee Titans.
- Mayer, Larry (November 21, 2013). "Bass excited to return home to face Rams". Chicago Bears. Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- "David Bass Draft Profile". nfl.com. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- McDonald, Jerry (April 27, 2013). "NFL Draft: Oakland Raiders complete draft with DE David Bass". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- Biggs, Brad (September 1, 2013). "Bears sign rookie DE Bass; QB Johnson joins practice squad". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- "Postgame notes - Bears vs. Lions week 10". Chicago Bears. November 10, 2013. Retrieved November 10, 2013.
- Mitchell, Fred (November 17, 2013). "Bears trail 17-10 in storm-delayed game". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved November 17, 2013.
- Mayer, Larry (November 17, 2013). "Larry Mayer's Bears vs. Ravens game blog". Chicago Bears. Retrieved November 17, 2013.
- "Postgame notes: Bears vs. Ravens week 11". Chicago Bears. November 17, 2013. Retrieved November 17, 2013.
- Mayer, Larry (September 5, 2015). "Bears make cuts to reduce roster to 53". ChicagoBears.com. Archived from the original on September 7, 2015. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- "Titans Trade for Browns RB; Claim Two Linebackers". Titansonline.com. September 6, 2015. Retrieved September 19, 2015.