Create (TV network)
|Type||Digital broadcast television network (DIY & travel programs)|
|Availability||Nationwide through OTA digital TV and digital cable(79% US coverage)|
|Slogan||The TV channel for cooking, arts & crafts, gardening, home improvement, and travel.|
|Headquarters||New York City, New York|
|Owner||American Public Television|
|January 10, 2006|
|1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
Create is an American digital broadcast television network owned by American Public Television (APT). The network, broadcasts how-to, DIY and other lifestyle-oriented instructional programming 24 hours a day.
It is distributed through digital subchannel affiliations with public television stations – generally those that are members of the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), as well as through carriage on the digital tiers of certain cable television providers through a local affiliate of the network. Create was launched on January 10, 2006, and developed as a result of PBS' announcement of the closure of its similarly formatted lifestyle network, PBS YOU.
Create's program schedule relies on the library of instructional and lifestyle programs distributed by network owner American Public Television, PBS (including many member stations that distribute programming to that network or through syndication, such as WGBH-TV in Boston, and WLIW and WNET in New York City) and the National Educational Telecommunications Association (NETA) (which also provides certain services for the network).
Create primarily airs cooking programs (such as Lidia's Italy, Mexico: One Plate at a Time, Sara's Weeknight Meals, and America's Test Kitchen and its spin-off Cook's Country), which make up much of the network's morning, primetime and overnight schedules. It also carries various home improvement, gardening and arts and crafts programs (such as Hometime, Sewing with Nancy and This Old House), along with select travel-oriented series (such as Globe Trekker and Rick Steves' Europe).
- Food Network, a lifestyle-oriented cable network owned by Scripps Networks Interactive and Tribune Media featuring similar cooking instruction programs
- Cooking Channel, a lifestyle-oriented cable network owned by Scripps Networks Interactive featuring similar cooking instruction programs
- DIY Network, a lifestyle-oriented cable network owned by Scripps Networks Interactive featuring similar home improvement and DIY programs
- HGTV, a lifestyle-oriented cable network owned by Scripps Networks Interactive featuring similar home improvement and DIY programs
- Travel Channel, a lifestyle-oriented cable network owned by Scripps Networks Interactive featuring similar travel-oriented programs