College Baseball All-America Team
College Baseball All-America Team are teams selected by various public sources of players who compete in National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and junior college intercollegiate college baseball. In general, an All-American team is an honorary sports team composed of the best amateur players of a specific season for each team position—who in turn are given the honorific "All-America" and typically referred to as "All-American athletes", or simply "All-Americans". Although the honorees generally do not compete together as a unit, the term is used in U.S. team sports to refer to players who are selected by members of the national media. Currently, numerous selectors compose college baseball All-America teams. The NCAA includes three selectors in its historical records: American Baseball Coaches Association (ABCA), Collegiate Baseball, and Baseball America. According to its own webpage, in 1950, the ABCA selected its first All-American baseball team. It has since chosen All-American teams and a player of the year for each division (NCAA Division I, Division II, Division III, NAIA, junior college and high school). However, the NCAA records show ABCA teams since 1947. Collegiate Baseball selects All-American, Freshman All-American and High School All-American teams. Its selections go back to 1991. Baseball America selects pre-season and post-season All-American teams and College Player of the Year honorees. Its selections go back to 1981. The National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association has selected All-American teams since 2001.
- "This is the ABCA". American Baseball Coaches Association. September 20, 2007. Archived from the original on April 2, 2010. Retrieved May 20, 2010.
- "Baseball Award Winners" (PDF). NCAA. Retrieved September 14, 2010.
- "All Americans: Collegiate Baseball Newspaper". Collegiate Baseball Newspaper Inc. Retrieved May 20, 2010.
- "College: Awards: All-America Teams". Baseball America Inc. Retrieved May 20, 2010.
- "College: Awards: Player Of The Year". Baseball America Inc. Retrieved May 20, 2010.
- "BASEBALL WRITERS AWARDS".