Cannabis in Norway
Cannabis in Norway is illegal for all purposes.
Up to 15 grams is considered an amount for personal use, and is punished with a fine in the case of first-time offenders; possessing more is punished more harshly. Repeat offenders or dealers can face prison charges. The type of fine given for drug offences are of the more serious category, and will appear on a criminal record. Young first-time offenders are routinely compelled to consent to regular drug testing to avoid prosecution. Up to one kilo is punished with up to 2 years in prison. If the amount is larger, the limit is 10 years. Amounts over 80 kilos are punished with sentences of 3 to 15 years, and in very serious cases up to 21 years is permitted.
- "Bergen kommune skeptisk til frivillige ruskontrakter" (in Norwegian). Norway: Bergensavisen. 2014-12-27.
- "Straffeloven § 162" (in Norwegian). Norway: Lovdata. 2015-09-09.
- "Legemiddelloven § 24" (in Norwegian). Norway: Lovdata. 2015-09-09.
- "Rundskriv nr. 2, 2014" (PDF) (in Norwegian). Norway: Riksadvokaten. 2014-06-26.
- "Mildere straff for hasjbesittelse" (in Norwegian). Norway: VG Nett. 2006-07-20.