Bank of Somaliland
|Ownership||Government of Somaliland|
|Governor||Abdilahi Hajji Jama Ali|
|Central bank of||Somaliland|
The Bank of Somaliland (Somali: Baanka Somaliland) is a central bank in Somaliland, a self-declared republic that is internationally recognized as an autonomous region of Somalia. Established in 1994, it serves as both a monetary authority and a commercial bank for the territory. The central bank was provided for in the constitution of Somaliland. It has a head office in Hargeisa, in addition to seven other branches, and four foreign exchange offices in the airports at Hargeisa, Berbera, Borama and Gabiley.
In line with Article 3 of the Constitutive Law of Somaliland Bank, the bank aims to:
- maintain price and exchange rate stability
- promote credit and trade condition which support balanced economic growth
- support the economic and financial policies of the government where possible
- Central banks and currencies of Africa
- Economy of Somalia
- List of central banks
- Somaliland shilling
- Commonwealth b knote-issuing institutions
- Somaliland’s Quest for International Recognition and the HBM-SSC Factor Archived May 28, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.